10 Sources of Dampness In Your Home
Dampness is a frequent problem in most homes. Listed below are the 10 sources of dampness in your home that you must know:
- The constant rise in the subsoil moisture through the foundation beds.
- External walls allowing the rainwater to seep inside.
- The entrance of rainwater through compound walls and the parapet.
- Moisture accumulated on your building due to condensation.
- Condensation caused due to inadequate heating inside your home.
- The absence of a damp proof course (DPC).
- Debris present in the wall cavity.
- Various plumbing issues in the building.
- Increased levels of groundwater.
- Poor ventilation inside your home.